Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweet Summer lamp

In the dusk of the day, when the sun starts to set you'll find me here, out on my deck.


I love my gazebo in the summer. And now, I'm loving it even more.  I found this stunning lampshade frame at a salvage store while shopping with my honey this weekend.  It's so graceful and curvy, I just had to have it.  It was just the frame when I brought it home, and in my excitement to start making it look prettier, I didn't get a before picture.  You will just have to imagine it - naked.  I wrapped on some muslin and tied on some old fabric, then I attached some little grapevine balls I had around from an old light fixture.  Using wire, I attached them at different lengths, and added a strand of lights. 






 I took down our old light fixture that came with the gazebo and hung this in it's place.  There used to be a canopy on the gazebo, but it ripped in the wind.  We had to take it off about a month ago since it was just flapping around.  Then in a tragic turn of events, Kohls decided to no longer sell replacement canopies.  I freaked out for a few weeks, stalking their website hoping they would get more in.  I really didn't want to have to buy a whole new unit just for the canopy! Finally, thanks to the wonder of the internet, I found a place that makes replacement canopies for all the store brands - genius!  I ordered a replacement and am expecting it this week.  Then I can once more close up the screenhouse and bask in my new light fixture.  ahhhh now where is my wine?





                                             Tip Junkie handmade projects


                                        The 36th AVENUE

3 comments:

  1. That is totally cool beans right there!~ Thanks so much for joining in and sharing with the newbie party. Have fun and bop around so you can meet some new blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete




  2. خدمات نقل الاثاث متعددة لدينا حيث يوجد لدينا خبرة في كيفية التعامل مع العملاء في تنفيذ اعمال فلدينا مدينة مكة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بمكة التي تتميز بالدقة في تنفيذ اعمال وتوصيل الاثاث من الباب لاننا نمتلك عمال متميزون في شركة نقل عفش بمكة فعليكم التواصل معنا من اجل الاستفادة من الخدمات التي نقدمها كل هذا ايضا تلاقه في مدينة الدمام من خلال التواصل مع شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام التي تمتلك فنين متميزين في اعمال الفك والتركيب كما لديها اسطول سيارات مجهز يساعدها علي الوصول الي منزلك الجديد فكل شئ يكون جاهز مع شركة نقل عفش بالدمام التي اثبتت انها نقل شركة لديها خبرة كبيرة في مجال نقل الاثاث
    كما يوجد لدينا خبرة في خدمات نقل الاثاث بجدة من خلال
    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete