Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweet Summer lamp

In the dusk of the day, when the sun starts to set you'll find me here, out on my deck.


I love my gazebo in the summer. And now, I'm loving it even more.  I found this stunning lampshade frame at a salvage store while shopping with my honey this weekend.  It's so graceful and curvy, I just had to have it.  It was just the frame when I brought it home, and in my excitement to start making it look prettier, I didn't get a before picture.  You will just have to imagine it - naked.  I wrapped on some muslin and tied on some old fabric, then I attached some little grapevine balls I had around from an old light fixture.  Using wire, I attached them at different lengths, and added a strand of lights. 






 I took down our old light fixture that came with the gazebo and hung this in it's place.  There used to be a canopy on the gazebo, but it ripped in the wind.  We had to take it off about a month ago since it was just flapping around.  Then in a tragic turn of events, Kohls decided to no longer sell replacement canopies.  I freaked out for a few weeks, stalking their website hoping they would get more in.  I really didn't want to have to buy a whole new unit just for the canopy! Finally, thanks to the wonder of the internet, I found a place that makes replacement canopies for all the store brands - genius!  I ordered a replacement and am expecting it this week.  Then I can once more close up the screenhouse and bask in my new light fixture.  ahhhh now where is my wine?





                                             Tip Junkie handmade projects


                                        The 36th AVENUE

1 comment:

  1. That is totally cool beans right there!~ Thanks so much for joining in and sharing with the newbie party. Have fun and bop around so you can meet some new blogging friends.

    ReplyDelete