Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pallet Sign–All American Star



 pallet star a
Summer is winding down.  I can’t believe how quickly it came and went this year! Weird, wet and cool weather weather dominated around here.  I am hoping for a beautiful Fall to make up for it.  My husband had an idea to make a pallet sign this weekend while it was actually nice out.  After some brainstorming he came up with an idea to use some of our barbed wire we had picked up this spring at a  barn.  I love how the signed turned out, and really the toughest part was getting those gosh darn pallets apart!  Man, it’s like they make them to hold really heavy things or something!  After some trial and error, we came up with a good method using a brick,a cinder block, and some muscle to get them apart.

To begin we started by painting half of the slats in a watered down red and the other half in a watered down white.  Then I made a star stencil to use as our guide.

pallet star Collage 
Carefully, we bent the barbed wire around the cut-out and nailed it in place as we went. 
And that was it!  The sign is going to hang in our barn inspired basement. I really love the rustic appeal it has. 
      pallet star b
pallet star a
If you like what you see, then follow me!
FACEBOOK                      PINTEREST                         HOMETALK
or subscribe on the side bar ☞

Link Parties:

17 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to do a little pallet art. This is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Crazy. I thought those were lights initially. I don't know if I'm brave enough to work with barbed wire. :/ But you did a great job! Stop by my Friday's Five Features this week and link up this post (and others)! diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, I will stop by on Friday and link up!

      Delete
    2. Parties open at Friday's Five Features. Link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-5.html

      Delete
    3. Becca thanks for the reminder. I just linked up!

      Delete
    4. Sorry I'm a little late but congrats! You were featured on Friday’s Five Features over on DIY Vintage Chic. Stop by and grab yourself a button!

      Delete
  3. So creative Diane! Do you still have your finger tips intact? Beautiful work as usual! Thank You so much for linking it your project to the Fluster Buster Party! Loved to have you there and looking forward to what you will bring next week, Have a great week, Lizy, Party co-host.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a darling idea! We’d love to have you share your post at our weekly Saturday Link Party! Deb @ madefrompinterest.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a unique way to create the star! Thank you for sharing this project on Fluster's Creative Muster. Now that you found our party I hope that you will continue to join us ever Tuesday evening.

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers. http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-diyers-and-last-weeks-top-three.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kayla. I just linked up to the party. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. All the best blogs that is very useful for keeping me share the ideas
    of the future as well this is really what I was looking for, and I am
    very happy to come here. Thank you very much
    earn to die
    earn to die 2
    earn to die 3
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the
    earn to die 4
    courage to go ahead and give youu a shout out from
    earn to die 6
    Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell
    earn to die 5
    Hi! I’ve been reading your blog for a while now and finally got the
    happy wheels
    strike force heroes
    slitherio
    you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog
    age of war
    earn to die 5
    good game empire
    tank trouble
    tank trouble 2
    strike force heroes

    ReplyDelete