Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Mantel 2013


No better day than today to share my Fall Mantel, it is after all, the first day of Fall.
fall mantel 2013
With a little bit of old and a little bit of new, I created my mantel.  It looks so different with the new color in the room, which is a fantastic Fall accent in itself.
Fall Mantel 2013 3
My wreath and my pendant banner are among the reused.  The only thing I did was add a few feathers to the wreath, since they are “in” this fall.
Fall Mantel 2013 2
The bunting banner I made last year out of things I had laying around.  Still cute.
Fall Mantel 2013 4
My white owl collection is new.  And thanks to a great sale, I spent under $15 for all 3.  The jug is a vintage find, and the spool is from last year too. 
Fall Mantel 2013 5
New to me this year, although I found it at an antique store, is this wooden black crate.  It was $12, and I couldn’t pass up it’s rustic appeal.  An acorn on a candlestick, a white pumpkin, and an old horseshoe round out the other end.  And that’s it!  I’m ready for the cooler weather, blankets, sweaters, fresh picked apples, a fantastic color display in the trees and pumpkins galore.  Hoping you take the time to enjoy the season.  Warm regards, Diane

Linky Parties:
DIYshowoff
Homestoriesatoz
Thriftydecorchick
Myuncommonsliceofsuburbia

1 comment: