Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fall Mantel 2012

 Welcome Fall!  Nothing says Fall like the kids being back in school all day and me having time to create.  Cooler air, crisp nights, sleeping with blankets, and all the beautiful colors that come to Michigan.  Yes, soon enough we will be freezing and grey skied for months on end, but God tries to make up for that misery by giving us great beauty in the Fall.  This is actually the first year that I have decided to do a Fall Mantel before I decorate for Halloween.  Usually I just go straight to Halloween decor.


I started by making the Fall Bunting by using only items I had in the house already.  Old scraps of fabric, paint, twine, ribbons and yarn.



I dragged up a piece of old barn wood left-over from the basement renovation to help add a more rustic look to the mantel.  Not much is more rustic than 120 year old barn wood.



I then pulled together some Fall accents I had in the house and there it was!  I like to work with 3 principles when decorating my mantel.  They are balance, color, and symmetry.  I find it most pleasing to the eye.


 Thanks for stopping by and checking out my mantel.  Hope you liked it.  Don't forget to follow me!

Di

Parties I've joined:

The 36th AVENUE
shabby creek cottage

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Love your Mantel,looks fantastic decorated for fall, I'm a new follower...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks outstanding...my fav is the barnwood.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, thanks for stopping by. I do hope you'll come again!

      Delete
  3. I've pinned your beautiful mantel, love the barnwood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I like this!! Like... I want to go through the scrap wood pile in the dark like it ;) Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shannon! Thanks for your kind comments! But really wait until daylight! lol

      Delete
  5. This is so gorgeous! I just love it! Thanks for linking to the pin it party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to our Pretty Things Party. Hope to see you back next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful mantel! I adore the neutral colours!!!
    xo,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. love how you incorporated this wonderful piece of history into your mantel decor. It really adds a great touch of "rustic"!

    ReplyDelete




  9. خدمات نقل الاثاث متعددة لدينا حيث يوجد لدينا خبرة في كيفية التعامل مع العملاء في تنفيذ اعمال فلدينا مدينة مكة افضل شركة نقل اثاث بمكة التي تتميز بالدقة في تنفيذ اعمال وتوصيل الاثاث من الباب لاننا نمتلك عمال متميزون في شركة نقل عفش بمكة فعليكم التواصل معنا من اجل الاستفادة من الخدمات التي نقدمها كل هذا ايضا تلاقه في مدينة الدمام من خلال التواصل مع شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام التي تمتلك فنين متميزين في اعمال الفك والتركيب كما لديها اسطول سيارات مجهز يساعدها علي الوصول الي منزلك الجديد فكل شئ يكون جاهز مع شركة نقل عفش بالدمام التي اثبتت انها نقل شركة لديها خبرة كبيرة في مجال نقل الاثاث
    كما يوجد لدينا خبرة في خدمات نقل الاثاث بجدة من خلال
    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
    شركة نقل عفش بجدة

    ReplyDelete