Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cleaning the gunk under the stovetop burners with ease


Over the last year I’ve been making a conscious effort to reduce the number of products in my house.  It started when I realized that I had cleaning products in several different cabinets around the house.  Some I liked, some I didn’t.  The ones I didn’t were just sitting there, as I reached around them and moved them from place to place.  Once day I thought, why?  So I committed to using up the products one by one and decided on my favorites to keep around for good.  I also added a couple homemade multi-taskers like a granite cleaner and laundry soap (which isn’t just good for laundry).  My cupboards were cleaner and things were good.  But then, something came up and I was in the need of a good degreaser.  Actually, it was my husband that wanted it for a tough job.  I tried giving him some Dawn dish detergent (which is on my love list), but he needed more.  So while at Meijer I spotted some Zep Fast 505.  Could 505 be better than 409?  Who knows, but I thought maybe this would help my husband, so I picked it up.  I think it was about $4.
fast505
I left it on the kitchen counter for when he came home, and while I was cleaning up the kitchen I looked from the bottle (degreaser) to the stove (greasy).  As a matter of fact, more greasy than normal from a few good cooking sessions followed by some less than enthusiast clean-ups plus under the gas burners there was a build-up of burned gunk that has been building up over time (hey it’s under the burner, who looks there?).  I have a stainless steel stove that I usually only use Weiman’s Stainless cleaner on, one of the winner’s that made it through.  I decided to give it a try and see how it worked.  Below are some pictures of before I cleaned.  
IMG_2326               
IMG_2329IMG_2328
All I did was lightly spray the cleaner on and waited for a few minutes (2-3) and wiped off with a dry paper towel. I sprayed it on the stove top as well as the cast iron burner covers.  I was amazed and delighted with the results!  Some of the spots required a second spray, but there really was no scrubbing, which is a no-no on stainless steel.  Everything came off so easily.  Here are the after pictures.  I did have to use my Weiman cleaner after I wiped off the stove since it was a bit cloudy and streaky. 

IMG_2332

IMG_2333IMG_2334IMG_2335

Looks almost brand new doesn’t it?  I think I have a new product to add in to the “it" list.  I do prefer to use natural products when I can, but there are times when you need that extra strength.  I am very pleased with the ease of removing the gunk with any scrubbing or scratching of my stovetop! 

This is NOT a paid advertisement.  I have NOT been compensated in any way, and the opinions expressed are my own.

Linking up at:

The Party Bunch Linky Party

5 comments:

  1. WHERE DO YOU BUY IT? I HAVE ELEC STOVE & CANNOT GET THE BURNT STUFF AROUND THE BURNERS CLEAN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this at Meijer, but I would guess any Ace, ACO, Home Depot, Lowes, sort of place would carry too. It was in the aisle with the drain cleaners in home improvement section, not in the grocery aisles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this cleaner, but will be on the lookout for it now. It looks like it did a wonderful job.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wir bieten Rohr und Abflussreinigung an und wir beseitigen der Verstopfung an Waschbecken, Küchenspüle, WC, Badewanne und Duschkabine. Wir sind für Sie da, 24 Stunden am Tag, 365 Tage im Jahr da. Egal, welches Problem Sie mit ihrem Rohr,- und Abfluss haben, wir sind der richtige Partner für Sie!

    ReplyDelete