Friday, October 18, 2013

Halloween Mantel reveal


halloween mantel

With less than 2 weeks to the bewitching hour, I figured it was time to bite the bullet and take down my beautiful Fall Mantel and make way for the Halloween mantel.  Not the easiest choice, but with my kids growing up, I might only have a few more years to do this.  My inspiration came from 8 skull heads I found at the Dollar Tree.  I will be sharing a tutorial in the next day or two on how I made this skull wreath. 
halloween mantel4

My next addition was to use some washi tape as decoration right on the mantel.  Just wasn’t in the mood for another banner this year.  I real like the simple and clean additon of color to the mantel.  I then use a Command strip to hang a sign right in the middle.  It’s an unexpected addition in a unique place.

halloween mantel 2 
halloween mantel 7

Spiders, spiders everywhere add a nice creep factor to an antique black box covered in Dollar Tree netting and flanked with a couple of rats.  Why not?

halloween mantel3
A favorite edition is my real antique picture in frame.  Nabbed from my Aunt’s house when she passed away, it screamed Halloween to me!  I’ve enjoyed it every year since then at this time of year.  Thanks Aunt Lena! (I added the bat)
halloween mentel 6
I’ve had a spooktacular time sharing my Halloween Mantel with you! 
halloween mantel


See the wreath tutorial HERE.

Linking to these parties:

1 comment: